Join Us For Muir's March 2013
Muir’s March is a series of extraordinary guided backpacking trips and hikes designed to raise awareness and funds for the campaign to bring the Hetch Hetchy Valley back to life.
- July 28 - August 3, 2013, two groups begin a 7-day 45 or 43 mile trek across Yosemite.
- July 30 - August 3, 2013, one group begins a 5-day 28 mile trek.
- July 31 - August 3, 2013, two groups begin a 4-day 15 or 18 mile journey.
- August 3, 2013, folks who aren't interested in backpacking will take part in a 1-day 6-mile hike.
All groups will converge atop the O’Shaughnessy Dam on Saturday, August 3, where they will be joined by activists from around the state to rally for the restoration of the Hetch Hetchy Valley and enjoy a picnic meal together.
Each marcher raises a minimum amount of money for Restore Hetch Hetchy prior to participating.
- Seven day marchers must raise a minimum of $1900.
- Five day marchers must raise a minimum of $1400.
- Four day marchers must raise a minimum of $1100.
- One day hikers have a $100 goal for individuals and a $190 goal for families.
Click on image to view a short video about Muir's March
Join us as we walk in John Muir's footsteps and finish what he began so long ago.
Restore Hetch Hetchy * PO Box 565 * San Francisco CA 94104 * 415.956.0401 * www.hetchhetchy.org